The Smart Account: A new kind of tier-structured account that makes sure you’re getting the most for your money.
The Smart account automatically adjusts your benefits by counting not only your combined deposit balances and transaction activity with Astoria Bank, but also your reported investment balances with LPL Financial** to help you achieve the highest tier benefits.
Smart account holders are eligible to receive the following benefits:
No Monthly Service Charge for Tiers 2, 3 and 4 when you maintain a minimum $2,500 - $20,000 Average Cycle Balance1 in the Smart account or a minimum of $10,000 - $50,0002 in combined linked deposit accounts and reported investment balances** AND complete 3 Bill / People Pay payments OR have a $500 minimum Direct Deposit posted to your Smart account3.
Minimum Opening Deposit of $100
$20 Discount on an Astoria Bank safe deposit box6
Rebates for non-Astoria Bank ATM fees (charged by other financial institution)7
Preferred rate on an Astoria Bank money market account (IMMA)8,9
Free unlimited basic checkbook orders9,10
Check image fee waivers9
Unlimited Complimentary Official Checks and Money Orders9
Stop payment fee waivers for Smart account checks and ACH transactions9
No Point-Of-Sale transaction fees
Up to $750 closing cost discount with a new Astoria Bank residential mortgage9,11
Click here to explore all tier-structured benefits.
1. The Average Cycle Balance is calculated by adding together each daily closing balance from the Cycle Date to the Evaluation Date and dividing this sum by that number of days. The Cycle Date is the 3rd Friday of the month. The Evaluation Date is the Tuesday before the 3rd Friday of the month.
2. Deposit account (checking, savings, IMMA, IRAs and CDs) balances are as of the Evaluation Date (the Tuesday before the 3rd Friday of the month). Investment balances are as of the business day prior to the Evaluation Date. Funds may not be reflected in your reported investment balances immediately.
3. Bill/People Pay payments must be completed using Astoria Bank Online/Mobile Banking and must post during the Evaluation Cycle. A Direct Deposit is a preauthorized deposit credited to the customer's checking account via the Automated Clearing House (ACH). Direct Deposits also must be credited during the Evaluation Cycle. The Evaluation Cycle is the Wednesday prior to the 3rd Friday of the month through the Tuesday prior to the next Cycle Date.
4. To access your Astoria Bank accounts using the mobile banking services, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. You will need Internet access to use these services. Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Please check with your wireless service provider for details on its fees and charges.
5. To access People Pay, you must be enrolled in Online Banking and have no more then 3 overdrafts within the current or prior year. Eligibility conditions, payment limits and other restrictions apply.
6. Box is subject to availability. The discount is limited to one safe deposit box enrolled in the Smart package. With the Smart account, you are eligible for a $20 discount off your safe deposit box’s annual rental fee at time of rental/renewal. Safe deposit box discount offers can not be combined.
7. Tier 3 customers receive a credit on their statement cycle date of $3 per withdrawal conducted at a non-Astoria Bank ATM up to a maximum of $15 per monthly statement cycle. Tier 4 customers receive unlimited credits on their statement cycle date of $3 per withdrawal conducted at a non-Astoria Bank ATM. This rebate may be reported on a 1099 – MISC form.
8. IMMAs enrolled in the Smart package are not eligible to also receive the Select preferred IMMA rate.
9. Tiers 3 and 4 only.
10. Checks must be ordered from Astoria Bank, through our vendor.
11. Available with a new Astoria Bank residential mortgage subject to qualification, approval and closing. Borrower must open an eligible Astoria Bank checking account at least fifteen (15) calendar days before the loan closing date and checking account must be open through the closing date. Limit one discount per customer and closing. Borrowers who have previously received this discount are ineligible.
VISA is a trademark owned by Visa International Service Association and used under license.