Mortgage Programs: different programs for different needs.
When it comes to buying a home, everyone’s needs are different. Whatever you’re hoping for, your Sterling National Bank Home Mortgage Expert will work with you to help you find the mortgage to finance your dream home. We offer a full array of loans at highly competitive rates, including:
- Fixed-Rate Mortgages — ideal for those who prefer stable, predictable payments, since the monthly principal and interest payment will remain the same for the life of the loan.
- Adjustable-Rate Mortgages — typically offer a lower interest rate than a comparable fixed-rate mortgage. After that initial fixed period, the interest rate can be adjusted at specified intervals. For example, a "5/1 ARM" is fixed at an initial low rate for the first five years, and then may adjust every year thereafter based on a national index.
- Jumbo Loans — larger than the maximum limits for conventional mortgages set by Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) to help buyers of luxury single-family homes, cooperatives, or condominiums. Our programs can accommodate purchases or refinancing of primary residences and second/vacation homes.
- Loans for First-Time Buyers — special mortgage programs designed to help first-time buyers achieve the American dream of ownership. Thanks to local, state and national government initiatives, qualified buyers may be eligible for lower mortgage rates, reduced down payments and assistance with closing costs.
- SONYMA Programs (State of New York Mortgage Agency) — to provide affordable home ownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income families in the State of New York.
- Refinancing Programs — to help homeowners take advantage of changing market conditions. In some cases, refinancing may allow you to lower your current mortgage rate, cut your monthly payments or shorten the length of your loan.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit — a low-cost, low-interest way to pay for important expenses such as a major home improvement, tuition bill or other important expenses.
Buying a Home or Refinancing?
From your mortgage application to your move and beyond, Sterling National Bank is with you – every step of the way. Our Home Mortgage Experts are ready to help you pick the perfect mortgage program from a variety of affordable options and take the time to explain every detail.
It's easy to get started! Simply complete our Quick Contact form or call 1-800-537-4888 to arrange for a free consultation, whenever and wherever it is convenient for you. One of our Home Mortgage Experts will be happy to work with you. Find your neighborhood financial center.