Personal Insurance: protect the people you love.
Life can surprise you. Deciding to protect those who depend on you with adequate life insurance protection is a responsible and caring act that can offer real peace-of-mind. And, once you have a life insurance policy, we suggest you review it with us every few years to make sure it still meets your needs. You’ll find an LPL Financial Consultant* at your neighborhood Astoria Bank branch who’ll be happy to help you develop a smart insurance program that meets your ever-changing goals. Working together we will:
- Help you define the role of life insurance in your financial plan
- Listen to and explore what matters most to you
- Guide you in determining how much life insurance you need
Term Life Insurance: flexible coverage at a reasonable cost.
If you want a policy with a large amount of insurance at a lower cost, Term Life could be the answer. This policy covers a specific time period - such as 5, 10 or 20 years - and is usually bought to cover mortgage debt or short-term financial needs. Features of the policy include:
- Term Life does not build cash value, the benefit is the face value of the policy
- You pay an annual premium for a specific number of years and receive a specific amount of life insurance coverage
Whole Life Insurance: peace-of-mind for a lifetime.
The younger you are when you buy Whole Life Insurance, the more benefits you can potentially reap. It offers guaranteed protection on a long-term basis and, as its name implies, the policy covers you for your entire life provided that premiums are paid as required to keep the policy in force. Benefits include:
- Guarantees that the amount of the payout benefit and the premium will not change for the life of the policy
- Allows you to borrow against the cash value on a tax-deferred basis
- Can help you through business emergencies, pay education expenses or debt consolidation
Universal Life Insurance: the convenience of choice.
Universal Life is a smart option, no matter how old you are. This policy provides more flexibility than whole life insurance by allowing the policy owner to shift money between the insurance and savings components of the policy based on their individual circumstances. Unlike whole life insurance, universal life allows the cash value of investments to grow at a variable rate that is adjusted monthly. Other benefits include:
- Earns a guaranteed rate of return on the cash value of your policy
- You can decide the amount of premiums you pay and size of payout benefit you want
Variable Universal Life
Like Universal Life, Variable Universal Life** offers flexible premium options and payout benefit flexibility. You can decide the amount of premiums you pay and the size of the payout benefit you want. While this type of insurance offers fewer guarantees than Whole Life, it may be appropriate for you if you are willing to take investment risks since it offers you choices of investment options. For example, the Joint & Last Survivor version of Variable Universal Life can be an excellent option for estate planning. Other benefits include:
- You can control how your cash values are invested by choosing among a wide array of choices in separate investment accounts
- With positive investment performance, the payout benefit may grow and stay ahead of inflation.
**Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable insurance contract and sub-accounts carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the variable insurance contract and sub-accounts. You can obtain contract and underlying sub-account prospectuses from your Financial Consultant. Read the prospectuses carefully before investing.
Variable insurance guarantees are based on claims paying ability of the issuer. Withdrawals made may be subject to fees when distributed, and treated as ordinary income. Outstanding policy loans at death, and withdrawals, will reduce the policy death benefits and cash values. The investment returns and principal value of the available sub-account portfolios will fluctuate so that the value of an investor's unit, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original value.
Single Premium Life Insurance: preserve your assets.
This policy is ideal if you want insurance protection without the monthly premium payments. With single-premium life insurance, you pay for the entire policy upfront. Which means the policy is fully funded. Other benefits include:
- A competitive rate of return on the cash value of the policy
- Can be used to increase assets passed on to your beneficiaries
- Can increase the amount of money transferred to your estate
Disability Income Insurance: coverage against the unexpected.
If you’re unable to work due to an illness or injury, disability income insurance can help you meet important expenses. By replacing a portion of your income, disability income insurance can help provide financial security until you get back on your feet and return to work. It can help you pay bills like your mortgage, tuition and car payments, and help cover expenses for food, clothing and utilities. Other benefits include:
- The policy can be designed to fit your needs
- The coverage helps preserve your independence and standard of living
Long-Term Care Insurance: choice and control when you need it most.
When you think about long-term care, you may think elder care. But, that’s not necessarily the case. An accident, injury or extended illness, such as cancer, could create an unexpected need for long-term care. Long-term care preparation should be part of your overall financial plan. Long-Term Care expense is a financial risk that could seriously impact your savings, retirement, family and what you want to pass on to the next generation. Benefits include:
- The ability to protect your assets and your family’s financial well being
- Choice, control and help in paying for the care you need when you or a loved one can no longer do so
It’s easy to get started.
Simply complete our Contact Form and a local LPL Financial Consultant will be glad to contact you and setup a meeting to discuss your needs and help provide relevant strategies from a wide choice of products and services.
The LPL Financial Consultants associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of New York State.
Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor, member FINRA/ SIPC. Astoria Bank is not a registered broker/dealer and is not affiliated with LPL Financial or its affiliates. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates.
|Not FDIC Insured||No Bank Guarantee||May Lose Value|
|Not a Bank Deposit||Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency|